Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jeremiah 33:3

While digging through my archives...

1 AM, journal entry 5/7/2007

"Dear Lord, My 'Calculus-MATH-152-I-think-I'm-gonna-die' test is tomorrow-I'm SO stressed out. That exam tonight - even though it was practice - made me feel SO unprepared. Lord, I need confidence. For some/most of the answers it felt (once I knew the answer) like I was just a 'step' away. Lord, when you created me why didn't you make me math smart? I really feel like engineering is where You want me-or am I wrong there?! Not being good in math is confusing. I get stuff jumbled up and backwards - I just can't keep it straight - that's why I'm so in need of your help. Man, I wasted so much time - will I ever learn? God, I have no idea how I'm going to do on this test tomorrow. NO IDEA. I mean, it's like if they ask the question one way - I can get it. Another way? I'm screwed. Ugh, it's frustrating when all my friends are getting A's and I'm barely scraping for a 'C'. I guess this semesters going to tell a lot huh? I mean, You could fail me pretty easy - see? NO CONFIDENCE! Lord, be my confidence - even though I don't even understand what that means.

I got an 85 on this test. The highest grade I've ever received in a college calculus class up until that time.

"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know" - Jeremiah 33:3 (emphasis added)

No comments: